A jazzed-up take on the classic monkey bread with sweet caramelized bananas and warm crown sugar. You’ll never go back to coffee cake after you’ve tried this delicious pull-apart bread!
If you’re looking for something new to bring to the next Sunday brunch or church social, this is the dessert that’ll have everybody asking “how did she do it?”
- 2 cans (12 oz each) Pillsbury Grands! Big and Buttery Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a fluted tube cake pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. Open crescents and cut rolled dough into 1/2-inch slices, then each slice into four small, bite-sized pieces.
3. In a large bowl, stir sugar and cinnamon. Toss crescents in mixture, then mix in the bananas.
4. Put the mixture into your pan, spread evenly and set aside. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, brown sugar and vanilla for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for 2 minutes more.
5. Place crescents and bananas in pan, drizzle with warm butter mixture.
6. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until top layer is golden brown.
7. Invert pan on parchment-lined serving platter and serve warm.